Saturday, June 30, 2012

lost and found


I have always been pretty responsible with my possessions. I remember where I put “things”, I don't sit things down and walk off without them or forget them. It gets complicated when you have kids, you have your kids and they have their stuff. I do give my children more credit that average kiddos, they don't leave their stuff behind. Well I probably should clarify that better. My kids don't leave things behind at school, church, or other places we go. I should break that down further, as far as I know they haven't left a coat anywhere. Yep I'm lying or maybe in denial, Brooklyn left her black pea coat at school and I found it in the lost and found on my way to her parent/teacher conference this past spring. Ok, so I'm not sure what we have lost along the way, but don't feel like I am constantly looking for their lost items. Now around the house it’s a different story, we are constantly looking for lost ipods, the DSI, a books, and other little lost items. Sometimes we find things we didn't even realize were lost. It can be an adventure to take a peek under the couch cushions, I am guessing you will find a hand full of items (hair pins, pennies, cereal, fruit snacks, a pencil and probably a pen), I don't know why we store these items in the couch and I keep putting them in the trash and junk drawer!?!?. So today I found a lost item I didn't know was lost, it was stinky and gross! What did I learn, well for starters, I need to slow down, think, and remember. Let's just say it could have been a lot worse and I'm happy that what was lost is found! I am not going to lose my mind, and you know if we do lose a jacket here or there I might not even notice or care!

No comments: