With summer comes vegetable gardens.
With vegetable garden come zucchini.
With zucchini comes Yummy delicious Zucchini Bread!
So we actually don't have a garden this year but my dad does, and he likes to share his vegetables. He recently brought us a bag of veggies, which included zucchini. As I was unpacking the vegetables I told Dylan and B we would make Zucchini Bread. After that point there was no returning, I had opened a can of worms and they were on a mission to make zucchini bread . The kids kept asking can we make zucchini bread?!?!? So after finding the cook books, and thinking about the ingredients in my head, I gave in and we were getting out bowls, measuring cups, spoons, and pans. I started hunting down the ingredients in my kitchen, I have everything except the flour : ( Sorry kids we will have to make it another time we don't have flour! A few days later and a trip down the baking isle at the grocery store, we have flour and we are getting everything out to make zucchini bread again. Well that's everything except sugar.....we don't have any sugar: ( with two disappointed kids we put all our kitchen gadgets away for the second time. A few days later and another trip down the baking isle at the grocery store we have a big bag of sugar. We are once, twice, three times in the kitchen going to make zucchini bread. This time we have all the ingredients, and are making our efforts worth while making 3 loafs. The kids love working in the kitchen, although it's much messier with their help, I love having their company. All 3 loafs of zucchini bread have a mysteriously disappeared, what can I say, we love homemade bread!
No comments:
Post a Comment