Friday, May 8, 2009

Update on B

As Chris, Brooklyn, and I drove my stomach ached, while fear, anxiety, and "what ifs" rushed through my head. I kept telling myself God Will not give me more than I can handle, and then praying to God I just don't think I can handle this. Let me explain just 2 weeks earlier at Brooklyn's 5 year check up her Dr. noticed some moles on her head that concerned him. His words were "these are typically a mole that we see turn into melanoma, and it is not considered normal to see these on such a young child, just 5 years old" So we were now on our way to see a dermatologist, not knowing what to expect, are they going to remove them, if they do how much of her head will they have to shave, are they melanoma? We arrived a few minutes early to fill out all the new patient paper work, getting that all completed, we waited. After waiting what seemed like hours, it was probably 30 minutes, we were taken back to an exam room. After a thorough body exam, the Dr. told us that all of her moles were perfectly healthy. THANK YOU GOD!!!! We are so relived! The moles will be watched on an on going bases, but they are nothing to be concerned about unless they change. She needs to be covered up in the sun, just like any other child, and she should be just fine. As Chris and I returned to the car with B, we both let out a sigh of relief, and praised God, our baby girl has a clean bill of health.

No comments: